Croatian Regional Chapter
The Croatian Chapter of EASE was established in January 2013 by eleven EASE member editors from Croatian journals. Its aim is to promote collaboration among EASE members and organize training activities for editors and authors in Croatia and the region. Continuing goal is to organize conferences at least once per year to discuss topics of interest for the Chapter, and also to promote group cohesion and group thinking.
Anton Glasnović, MD, PhD
Editor-in-Chief, Croatian Medical Journal
Šalata 3, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
- The 2015 Summer School of Scientific Communication was held in Split, Croatia in July.
- An EASE Course for Journal Editors run by Pippa Smart, was held 11-12 July 2013 at Split University Library, Croatia.
- A Summer School for Scientific Communication: Writing Research for a Multidisciplinary Audience was held 15-18 July 2013. It was organized by the University of Split, Split, Croatia.
- Annual conference of Croatian EASE members
- Annual workshops on scientific editing for Croatian scientific editors, as well as scientists that wish to learn how to write a good scientific paper
- Thematic workshops on topics of interest (statistics, study design, ethics…)
- Creating a database of Croatian scientific editor
- Promotion of collaboration among Croatian EASE members by organizing intradisciplinary field groups (medicine, engineering…)
- Croatian translation of the “EASE Guidelines for Authors and Translators of Scientific Articles to be Published in English”