Italian Regional Chapter
The Italian Chapter of EASE was established at the beginning of 2013. Its aim is to promote collaboration among EASE members and organize training activities for editors and authors in Italy.
- To raise awareness of the profession of science editing in Italy and facilitate interaction among science editors within the country
- To create a database of Italian science editors, aimed at sharing ideas on the profession and possibly also a training program aimed at authors
- To promote awareness of EASE and use within Italy of its publications and tools (ESE journal, Guidelines and Editors’ Handbook)
- To organize thematic meetings with editors of scientific journals published in Italy.
Planned activities for 2020
The training course, envisaged for February 2020, was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We hope to provide the following throughout the year.
- Workshops on open data in scientific publications
- Online training for authors
- Support to the EASE Gender Policy Committee.
Paola De Castro
Istituto Superiore di Sanità
Director of the Scientific Communication Service of the Istituto Superiore di Sanità, the National Institute of Health in Italy (www.iss.it)
Main activities – managing scientific publications edited by ISS (international science journal, newsletters, reports). Developing science communication strategies to different stakeholders, promoting research integrity, open science, health equity, health information literacy, and gender equity in research. She carries on multidisciplinary research, cooperation and training for public health, mainly focused on health inequalities, communication, dissemination and use of health care information addressed to different targets in Europe, Latin America, Africa. She is responsible for ISS Museum. She takes part and organizes conferences, workshops, exhibitions, science festivals and training courses on general and specific health-related issues, addressed to both researchers and the general public, including students.
Federica Napolitani, Istituto Superiore di Sanità
Elisabetta Poltronieri, Istituto Superiore di Sanità
Anna Maria Rossi, email@example.com
Silvia Maina, firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuella Walker, email@example.com