15th EASE Conference, Valencia 2020
The 15th EASE conference will be held in Valencia, Spain, 11-14 June 2020. The theme of the conference will be promoting sustainability and diversity in research: the role of editors.
Including stimulating plenary speakers, panel discussions and interactive sessions, the conference will debate the role of the editor in promoting sustainable science and ensuring diversity.
Our theme will address the opportunities and constraints of editing in a globally diverse world where there are financial, time and skills limitations. The event will consider the part editors can play in maintaining quality of the scholarly record whilst ensuring equable collaboration and contributions to the development of knowledge for all. What can editors do? What should editors do? What standards are required?
Topics to be covered will include:
- sex, gender and racial diversity in research and editing;
- how to remove communication barriers with language and technical editing;
- how to support ethical research with reproducible results;
- the promotion of data archiving and access;
- managing the burden of quality review and editing;
- ensuring public outreach and the importance of editors in the promotion of sustainable, diverse, science.
In addition to invited speakers and interactive sessions we will also include a poster session and we invite the submission of original research. There will be an award for the best poster. All topics that relate to issues of sustainability, diversity and the responsibilities or editors are welcome. Details of submissions will be announced at the end of 2019.
Please direct all enquiries to the Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org