Scientific Editor Eurosurveillance
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
Applications are invited for the above Temporary Agent post at the European Centre for
Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).
The Jobholder will report to the Editor-in-chief of Eurosurveillance.
He/She will be responsible in particular for the following areas of work:
• All day-to-day editorial tasks in the Editorial Office of Eurosurveillance;
• Copy- and content-editing of submitted manuscripts and working closely with authors
and peer-reviewers to facilitate (rapid) publication of high-quality articles;
• Evaluating and assuring quality of submitted manuscripts;
• Processing of suitable manuscripts;
• Supporting the Editor-in-Chief in developing the content of the journal;
• Ensuring wide dissemination and promoting the journal among key audiences;
• Collaborating with the national editorial advisers and associate editors;
• Representing the journal at relevant meetings and conferences;
• Developing close working relations with relevant national and international bodies
(inside and outside the EU);
• Any other tasks related to his/her area of work as requested.
Full details can be found here.
Applications deadline: 5 November 2020