Job titleFreelance Editor, Proofreader, and Indexer
I am freelance editor who offers editing, proofreading, indexing, and research services to scholarly, academic, and higher education publishers, as well as independent researchers and scholars. I have fifteen years’ experience and my project list consists primarily of scientific and medical academic publications (i.e., monographs, research papers, journal articles, and books).
My specialties include:
- all levels of editing and proofreading;
- indexing (book, embedded, electronic, pictorial, bibliographical, concordances);
- formatting complex documentation and ensuring accuracy of sources;
- working with translations and multilingual text;
- working with complex art programs (tables, figures, images, and scientific illustrations);
- editing tables, figures, charts, and forms;
- editing supplementary materials;
- working with ESL and EFL authors; and
- verbatim and intelligent transcription and transcript editing.
I have worked on manuscripts in subject areas such as anatomy, biolinguistics, botany, chemistry, clinical psychology, endocrinology, ethics, dentistry, forensic psychology, infectious diseases, mycology, pathology, parasitology, psychiatric research, radiology, veterinary medicine, and zoology–just to name a few.
As a result, I am proficient in working with the following style guides: AMA, APA, CMS, CSE, and Vancouver Style.
References and/or project lists available on request.