About this Chapter
The Turkish Regional Chapter was established in 2018 under the leadership of Cem Uzun. The first activity was to support a number of editors from Turkish journals to attend the 14th EASE Conference held in Bucharest that year. The Chapter has grown year on year, and has organised a number of webinars and training events for the Turkish editorial community (see our Achievements listing) and created and/or translated a range of useful resources (link) to support its members. We are supported by the Turkish publishing house, AVES.
Our aims and objectives are reviewed each year and are aligned with those of EASE:
- To promote awareness of EASE and organise training activities and thematic meetings in Turkey
- To enhance collaboration among editors in eastern European and Balkan countries
- To write or translate books, guidelines or booklets for editors, reviewers and authors
- To improve the standard and quality of scientific journals by organising educational activities for editorial board members, reviewers or authors
- To represent the Turkish science editing community within EASE.