Report from the Joint EASE and European Commission DG Research & Innovation Workshop
GDPR, Privacy and Integrity in Journal Publishing: Good Practice for Submission and Peer Review Processes
Report from the Joint EASE and European Commission
DG Research & Innovation Workshop
Brussels, 11 October 2019
Reports from the joint meeting between EASE and the European Council in October 2019 have been compiled into a single document, summarising the discussions from the event, and presenting a series of recommendations regarding the implementation of GDPR and its effect on peer review and journal publishing.
- Workshop report
- Conclusions and recommendations
- One size fits all? GDPR and different peer review models
- Reconciling the right of a data subject to demand removal of their data with the need to keep the data for archival reasons
- Boundaries of the author’s right to access to data
- Responsibility for ensuring that no personal data are contained in the published article
We believe this document will provide our members and other editors with good practice recommendations to use in their own environments.
Download the report HERE
EASE. GDPR, Privacy and Integrity in Journal Publishing: Good Practice for Submission and Peer Review Processes. Report from the Joint EASE/EC DG RTD Workshop, Brussels, 11 October 2019. May 2020. European Association of Science Editors, UK. www.ease.org.uk