The deadline to submit a presentation proposal for the 2023 Annual Forum for Open Research in MENA (F.O.R.M.) is approaching fast. If you are a librarian, scholar, researcher, professor, or scientist working in the field of Open Science, take advantage of this opportunity to share your research with leading international experts and key regional stakeholders.
The Forum for Open Research in MENA (FORM) is a non-profit membership organisation, developed by the Knowledge E Foundation in partnership with UNESCO and Khalifa University, supporting the advancement of Open Science policies and practices in research communities and institutions across the Arab world
The 2023 event will be held from 23 to 24 October at the Rotana Resort, Al Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE. This year’s theme is ‘Democratising Knowledge: The evolution of Open Science ecosystems and communities in the Arab world’.
Librarians, researchers, policy makers, higher-education institutions and solutions providers are invited to to submit proposals relating to open science practices and topics including:
• Human, physical, digital, and political barriers to Open Science
• The commercialisation of Open Science
• Open Science projects and initiatives from across the world
• Preprints, transparent peer review, and Open Access publishing
• Building reproducible, open and interoperable infrastructure in the Global South
• Research assessment protocols and incentives for Open Science
• Digital and human capacity building
• and more!
The submission deadline is the 30th of June.
For a comprehensive list of topic examples and the required submission materials, we encourage you to read the full guidelines, and all other event information on their website: https://forumforopenresearch.com/call-for-papers/