Romanian Regional Chapter
In recent years the number of Romanian journals has increased significantly due to the increasing need of Romanian researchers to publish. The standards of some of these journals do not always meet international requirements, due to insufficient knowledge of these requirements as well as sacrificing the quality of publications for the sake of the quantity. Romanian journals face common obstacles, lack of reviewers, insufficient funding, inadequate IT support and absence of consistent national policies, which could all be improved with the appropriate expertise and resources.
Although the number of Romanian articles has increased exponentially in recent years, the average number of citations per article has actually decreased, due to the insufficient resources and training in university curricula and lack of events such as conferences and workshops aimed at increasing awareness on scientific publication ethics and standards.
We hope that by establishing a Romanian Chapter within the EASE family, we can address many of these issues and improve the Romanian representation in international forums and at specific events.
Aim and objectives
The aim of the Chapter is to support the Romanian academic environment in order to align with the current standards on academic publication.
Our main objectives are:
- To support scientific publishing activities in Romania;
- To support Romanian scientific journals in order to increase visibility and international impact;
- To align Romanian scientific journals with current international standards;
- To evaluate the results of scientific publication in Romania and the performance of the Romanian scientific journals;
- To represent Romania in international forums and events;
- To train Romanian editors, authors and reviewers.