Benefits of EASE membership
By joining EASE you are able to learn, contribute and network with others interested in all aspects of scholarly editing and publishing. We provide the following benefits to members:
- European Science Editing: Membership of EASE contributes to the publication of our diamond open access journal, ensuring our community has access to new research, reviews and advances in knowledge of science editing and academic publishing.
- EASE website: Regular news, articles, interviews and activities from across the Association, and informational columns, such as meeting reports, editor’s bookshelf and book reviews.
- The e-newsletter is e-mailed monthly. It features news from the Association, forthcoming events and training and useful publishing and editing items to keep you up-to-date on all the latest industry news and hot topics.
Participation and communities
- Members are encouraged to become involved in EASE activities and initiatives. We have a number of Special Interest Committees, including Environment and Sustainability and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We also have groups championing the needs of members in our various audience types: authors and researchers, manuscript editors and author service providers, journal editors and editorial advisory boards and peer reviewers.
- Our Regional Chapters offer great outreach to the wider editing community, organise regional events and translate EASE guidelines and training resources.
- We encourage members to become active contributors to our Journal, write article and opinion pieces for our EASE Digest Blog and post to our social media channels.
- We encourage members to take part in surveys and provide feedback in focus groups to support our research work and help develop our resources.
- We encourage members to stand for election to Council, serve on our various committees or be part of our special interest communities.
- EASE has a lively Forum with boards dedicated to specific topics
- EASE holds virtual informal discussion groups, called Get-Togethers, to provide opportunities for that all important networking with other members.
Events and training
- EASE Conferences: we hold a 3 day in-person conference every 2 years and smaller events organised throughout the year with discounted rates for members and special exclusive sessions.
- EASE Webinar Series: we hold two webinar series per year, one Spring, one Autumn. These CPD style webinars are free to members and cover a wide range of topics.
- EASE and our Regional Chapters run training in a variety of forms: workshops, courses, online and in-person on a range of topics.
- Free access to our extensive Resource library featuring guidelines, check lists, forms etc, and links to EASE endorsed content from industry partners to help you find what you are looking for to make your work easier.
- EASE has its own YouTube channel, where you can access recordings of past events and training.
Promotion and advertising
- Members are promoted to each other and the wider public through the EASE Member Directory. Members can update their profiles at any time via their member dashboard to ensure this information is always up-to-date and relevant to the EASE audience.
- Members can advertise their editorial services, training services, events and job vacancies in the Directories and Registers of the EASE website.
- Members receive a member handbook, certificate of membership, and a digital EASE member badge to use on their websites and email footers to confirm their membership for the current year.
- Members may submit any industry news, notes of their achievements or any published papers, which can be promoted via our newsletter, Digest Blog and/or social media channels as appropriate.
- EASE members are offered discounted rates to EASE conferences and events.
- EASE members are often offered discounted rates to attend sister society events and meetings.
- EASE occasionally negotiates special rates on publications and resources with industry partners for our members, and some members offer discounted rates on their services.
- Members of our sister societies: CIEP, ISMTE, MET, NEaT and SENSE can join EASE at reduced rates.