Mexican Regional Chapter
The Mexican chapter of the European Association of Scientific Publishers (EASE), was established at the end of 2013 by the president of the Mexican Association of Publishers of Biomedical Journals A.C; (AMERBAC) Dr. Magda Luz Atrián Salazar (2013-2015) and other active members of the Association, who were working in various public and private institutions in the areas of health, higher education, information industry and publication.
Its objective is to promote collaboration between EASE members and to organize the training of editors and authors in Mexico in the light of the overall objective of AMERBAC, namely:
• Promote the publication of Mexican biomedical journals that meet international quality criteria.
This Chapter will promote partnerships in the field of publication and dissemination of information on Mexican biomedical journals. It will also foster ties between its members and other members of EASE.
Planned activities in 2020
- Organising a virtual session as a pre-conference event on the theme ‘editors and editing in times of crisis‘ – 11-12 June 2020
- Attending the 15th EASE Conference will be held in Valencia, Spain, on June 11-14, 2020. (Now postponed to 2021 due to coronavirus pandemic.)
- Perform a national situational diagnosis to identify the instructional needs of authors, editors, and students.
- Make an editor’s invitation per month to the magazine for a video conference.
- Workshops for editors, authors, researchers and students will continue, promoting the writing of scientific articles for national and international health science journals.
- During 2019 AMERBAC offered 12 courses for editors, authors and students, of various Mexican institutions, structure and writing of a scientific article, peer review, international quality standards.
- Members of the AMERBAC Executive Committee offered 11 conferences at national and international events, medicine, nursing and health research.
- Each of these events highlights the activity of EASE – AMERBAC, and promotes the publication of scientific articles in partner journals in our organizations.
- Dr María del Carmen Ruiz Alcocer of the Mexican Chapter is regularly translating into Spanish the summaries of the articles published in European Science Editing and is also translating the EASE Manual into Spanish.
Biography: Full-time professor at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). Faculty of Higher Studies (FES) Zaragoza
Research Coordinator in Nursing / Editor of the Journal of Neurological Nursing at the National Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery Manuel Velasco Suárez.
Dr. Erick Alberto Landeros-Olvera. Vice President AMERBAC. EASE member 2020. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mtra. Teresa Margarita Rodríguez-Jiménez, Secretary AMERBAC. EASE member 2020. Email: email@example.com
Dr. Maximiliano de León-González. Treasurer AMERBAC. EASE member 2020. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mtra. Sylvia Claudine Ramirez-Sanchez. First voice AMERBAC (International Linking) link with EASE. EASE member 2020. Email: email@example.com
Dr. Alejandro Villatoro-Martínez. Second voice AMERBAC (Education and Research) EASE member 2020. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lic. Juan Fernando González-García. Third voice member AMERBAC (Editorial Development) EASE member 2020. E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Marisela Méndez-Armenta. Vocal room AMERBAC (Broadcasting) EASE member 2020. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mtra. Cristina García-Valdez. AMERBAC Coordination of Education and Research in Nursing. EASE member 2020. Email: email@example.com
Mr. Alejandro Machorro-Nieves. EASE member 2020. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Abilene C. Escamilla-Ortiz. EASE Member 2020. Email: email@example.com
Dr. María del Carmen Ruíz Alcocer. EASE member 2020. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org