Russian Regional Chapter
The Russian chapter of EASE was formed at the end of 2012 after meetings in Moscow between representatives of the Russian scientific journals: Journal of Economy and Entrepreneurship, Journal of International Scientific Research, Journal of Reputiology.
The Head of the Russian chapter is Dr. Sergey V Gorin, a Doctor of Economics and Professor who is Chief Editor of the Journal of Economy and Entrepreneurship. Dr Gorin has been a member of EASE since 2009 and has been the driving force behind the formation of the Russian chapter.
The Vice Head of the Russian chapter is Dr. Alexey N. Gerasimov, a Doctor of Economics and Professor who is Editor of the Journal of International Scientific Research.
- To facilitate interaction among science editors within Russia.
- To organize a general regional conference, possibly annually.
- To promote awareness and use within Russia of the EASE Guidelines for Authors and Translators of Scientific Articles to be published in English.
- To organize thematic meetings with editors of scientific journals published in Russia.
- To promote awareness and use within Russia of the EASE Science Editors’ Handbook.
- Russian translation of EASE Guidelines for Authors and Translators of Scientific Articles to be published in English (updated August 2015).
- Russian Regional Chapter Seminar on 20th May 2013.
- First seminar on science communication, Moscow, 25 March 2014.
- Second Russian (Eurasian) seminar on science communication, Moscow, 04 December 2014.
- In December 2014 meetings and discussions with representatives of universities (Russia, Azerbaijan) took place.
- In February 2015 meetings and discussions with representatives of Russian journals took place.
- Sergey V Gorin, Igor Yu Sklyarov, Elena I Kostyukova Current state of science editing and publishing in Russia // European Science Editing November 2013; 39(4): 87-89
- Sergey V Gorin, Anna M Koroleva, Nadezda A Ovcharenko The Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI) as a new trend in scientific editing and publishing in Russia // European Science Editing 2016; 42(3): 60-62
- Distribute the Russian version of EASE Guidelines for Authors and Translators (pdf)
- Promote the EASE Science Editors’ Handbook within Russia
- Distribute information about the opening of the Regional Chapter in scientific journals and on the Internet
- Prepare an article for European Science Editing on scientific editing in Russia
- Organize meetings with representatives of universities
- Organize meetings with representatives of Russian science journals
Sergey V. Gorin
“RusPost” (37), Box 2, Moscow, Russia, 105275
Tel. +7 (499) 502-10-04