Russian Regional Chapter
The Russian chapter of EASE was formed at the end of 2012 after meetings in Moscow between representatives of the Russian scientific journals: Journal of Economy and Entrepreneurship, Journal of International Scientific Research, Journal of Reputiology. The original chairman was Dr Sergey Gorin, supported by vice chair, Dr Alexey Gerasimov.
In 2020, Elena Tikhonova took over as chair and Olga Kirillova as vice chair, and the aims of the Chapter were updated.
Chair – Elena Tikhonova, PhD
Deputy Editor-in-Chief and Head for the editorial team of the “Journal of Language and Education”, Head of the Center for Scientometrics and Publication Activity (MSUFP). ORCID https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8252-6150. EASE member.
Vice chair – Olga Kirillova, PhD
Head of the Association of Science Editors and Publishers (ASEP, Russian Federation) and the Editor-in-Chief of the journal “Science Editor and Publisher”. Since 2013 – an Authorized Scopus Expert Consultant. ORCID https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0785-6181. EASE member.
- to raise awareness of the profession of science editing and facilitate interaction among science editors within Russia.
- to promote awareness and use within Russia of the EASE Science Editors’ Handbook.
- to organize thematic meetings with editors of scientific journals published in Russia.
- to participate in EASE and ASEP conferences.
- to develop academic literacy among Russian researchers.
- to involve journal editors in creating a culture of peer-reviewing in Russia.
- Distribute information about the activities and mission of EASE and its Russian Chapter.
- Organize meetings with representatives of universities to share EASE approach to science publishing.
- Organize meetings with representatives of Russian science journals to ensure editors collaboration.
- To perform online training course for authors of scholarly papers, Moscow State University of Food Production, April – June 2020.
- ‘Editors and editing in times of crisis‘ Russian Regional Chapter’s session at the EASE Virtual Conference 2020, 11 June 2020
- To organize workshop for authors of scholarly article «Scholarly communication in the real world», Moscow, Russia, 9-11 September 2020.
- To organize workshop “Get published in qualitative journals”, Pyatigorsk, Russia, 15-19 November 2020.
- To organize workshop for Peer Reviewers, RUDN University, Moscow, Russia, November 2020.
- Raitskaya, L., & Tikhonova, E. (2020). An overview of reviews as a trend maker in the field. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii = Higher Education in Russia, 29(3), 37-57. https://doi.org/10.31992/0869-3617-2020-29-3-37-57
- Raitskaya, L., & Tikhonova, E. Scoping reviews: What is in a name? Journal of Language and Education, 5(2), 4-9. https://doi.org/10.17323/jle.2019.9689
- Raitskaya, L., & Tikhonova, E. (2020). Pressure to Publish Internationally: Scholarly Writing Coming to the Fore. Journal of Language and Education, 6(1), 4-7. https://doi.org/10.17323/jle.2020.10631
- Raitskaya, L., & Tikhonova, E. (2019). Multilingualism in Russian journals: A controversy of approaches. European Science Editing, 45(2), 41. https://doi.org/20316/ESE.2019.45.18024
- Kirillova O.V. Preserving national language and reaching out English-speaking audience of a scholarly journal. Science Editor and Publisher. 2019;4(1-2):34-44. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.24069/2542-0267-2019-1-2-34-44
- Kirillova, O., Zeldina, M., & Shvartsman, M. (2019). Academic journals: Selection methods for public support in Russia. European Science Editing, 45(1), 6-10. https://doi.org/10.20316/ESE.2019.45.18016
- Russian translation of EASE Guidelines for Authors and Translators of Scientific Articles to be published in English (updated August 2015).
- Russian Regional Chapter Seminar on 20th May 2013.
- First seminar on science communication, Moscow, 25 March 2014.
- Second Russian (Eurasian) seminar on science communication, Moscow, 04 December 2014.
- In December 2014 meetings and discussions with representatives of universities (Russia, Azerbaijan) took place.
- In February 2015 meetings and discussions with representatives of Russian journals took place.
- Sergey V Gorin, Igor Yu Sklyarov, Elena I Kostyukova Current state of science editing and publishing in Russia // European Science Editing November 2013; 39(4): 87-89
- Sergey V Gorin, Anna M Koroleva, Nadezda A Ovcharenko The Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI) as a new trend in scientific editing and publishing in Russia // European Science Editing 2016; 42(3): 60-62